Monday, August 13, 2007

My men

I love the men in my platoon and I fucking can't stand them.

I got smart ones, dumb as shit ones, and a few in betweens.

The cherries, they're all kids, I mean, when I joined I was in a sense a kid, but looking back, I was never as wet behind the ears as them.

They bought into the bullshit. They bought into the machismo bullshit.

You know what the favorite saying of the Army is? The most popular saying that most of us say to each other almost every day if not every few hours?

"Fuck the Army"

The Infantry changes you....

It sucks the innocence from you, from these kids, and they haven't even seen the war yet.

It's so draining....and yet, We all share that bond, the burden, and we all understand what needs to be done without even speaking about it.

Because let's be honest, who else is going to do it? YOU? Ha...exactly, I thought so.

Military Service is at an all time low, and you have piece of shit kids talking of which they know nothing about.

How dare you speak of Iraq as though you can even begin to fathom the complexity of the situation. The looks in the eyes of the children there, the reserved angst mixed with fear in the eyes of the men and women there.

Until you've walked the streets of Iraq, don't ever dare to say you know.

....And you wonder why I said fuck college and went back Active Duty.

That fucking chubby asian kid in my Poli-Sci 101 class. The epitome of shitbag ignorance. I should've punched you in the goddamn face.

I digress.

I even have a Cherry Joe in my platoon who's a goddamn VIRGIN. 19 yrs old. Complete World of Warcraft nerd, never had a girlfriend, introvert, got picked on in high school kid.

I can see the pain in his eyes, how he wants to prove them all wrong, a huge fuck you right back to those that said he wasn't a man.

He's a good kid. But he shouldn't be here. He's still in a sense; an innocent? You can tell he's been sheltered, and I can only imagine how the things he will go through will affect him.

He tries so hard to be a Man, but his immaturity always seems to find its way on top.

I'm pretty hard on him, and I don't know why. But I feel like I almost have to, to make him that much tougher, otherwise...he won't last.

but then again who the fuck am I to judge?

You fucking civilians send us out to a shithole mindfuck where we don't know who the enemy is, where everyone is a potential enemy and you expect us to be all nice and cheery like the local fucking postman?

And when some people snap and atrocities happen, you blame THEM?

FUCK YOU!!

Blame yourselves.

You all knew what would happen, but hey, better them than me right?

Go fuck yourselves, oh hey, Time for you to stop reading this, American Idol is on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good writing dude

we need to hear it

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home