Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I am as far from being called "Religious" as possible

I'm a Karma kinda guy, like no joke. I live by Karma, it gets me through my day.

Take today.

In our building we kind of have minor mice issues, we see them little furry fuckers scutter around every now and then but can never catch em.

Well today somehow someone caught 2 of em.

Put em in a container and pretty much just left em there.

I'm like..."Soooo what're you guys gonna do with the mice?"

....."I dunno"

Fuck it, I'll take em, I'll let em go in the fields away from here. The hell with leaving them here so someone can fuck with them.

Plus, they were kinda cute, so what if they maybe, perhaps, possibly, carried the bubonic plague?

I had to go take care of some errands first, so I told the supply guy that I'll be back for em, and I left.

Well...one of em died when I came back.

Now, just to get this straight, I ain't one of those touchy feely fuckers, but damn, I actually got sad.

So immediately I got the lone survivor and got him outside and set him free and stood there for a few seconds to watch him scuttle away, preferably away from the building, and went back inside.

I found out who killed it, and all I said was, Be careful, Karma's gonna get your ass in the end.

So with that little story being said I come to my point.

A few months ago when I was bored out of my mind waiting for my best friend get ready so we can go out, I picked up the bible on his dresser due to complete boredom and flipped to a random page, when I came up this:

Luke 12:22

After reading it, Man oh man, I pretty much had to say out loud to God. "Are you fucking with me?"

Its really hard to explain the emotions and what I was thinking at the time, but either way, that shit hit me bad.

I mean of all the things to randomly select and read, it had to be this.

F.R.E.A.K.Y.

Luke 12:22

[22] Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.

[23] Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.

[24] Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

[25] Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

[26] Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

[27] "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

[28] If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!

[29] And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.


.....Kinda makes you feel just a lil bit safer, almost re-assuring.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home