Sunday, September 30, 2007

So finally in the Middle East. Been here for a little bit. Doing the typical in-country preperations and training in Kuwait before we head North. It's coming up. More and more intel coming in. It's gonna be some intense stuff. I'm looking forward to it. I'm worried however of some of the guys in my platoon. A couple of them don't belong here. One of them should be at home with his parents and going to school. He tries to act like he's an adult, but he's just a fucking kid. another REALLY doesn't need to be here. He's, how can I put it nicely, a walking imbecile. God Bless him though, because he's a nice kid too. Means no one any harm intentiationally. It's just I really think he doesn't have the mental capacity for some of the things that we'll be doing. And because of that, he'll unintentionally put people in more danger than they're already in. People always think that the Infantry is where all the idiots go. But let me tell you first hand. This is where the best go as well. The men that know the danger they face but accept the challenge. I agree that that without support the infantry would be nothing. But let me tell you what; after being a POG and now coming infantry, there's a huge difference in the caliber of men that are in the Infantry.

Our living conditions are going to suck. Flat out. Water Bottle Showers, Burning Shit. All the good stuff that even I figured to have already been done away with after almost 5 years in the war. Not so.

Oh Well.

Morale's expectedly high. I mean, we're in Kuwait for God's Sake. The worst thing about being here is that we still gotta PT. Ha.

And good lord have Army Women gotten uglier.

EW.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hearing from you, man. Thanks for telling us the real deal. If you want some care packages, sign up at anysoldier.com
Many Americans are proud of you and want to show it.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home