Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Third times the charm. This time to Afghanistan

So after days and days of military base jumping and waiting and flight delays, I'm finally in my AO with 1 more rotary flight to go till I'm finally at MY base.

After talking to the guys in my platoon who are already there, they've been taking indirect fire daily, but thankfully it's not accurate.

I've got a day or so to go till I get there, and good god I can't wait. I'm so sick and tired of sitting in "limbo".

There's something that's funny to me in a "aw crap" way. Any time someone who's been here in A-town (Afghanistan) overhears our conversation about where we're going the conversation usually goes like so:

Joe 1. = You guys are going to ***** ?
Me = yup
Joe 1. = (Laughs) Have fun.

Good times ahead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home